Labels

Tuesday 1 January 2013

2013 : the year to be confident

Elanor Rooselt once said "Do one thing everyday that scares you"

We often hear such things and think "how am I supposed to go sky diving , snorkeling or even bungy jumping everyday" - but I've come to the realisation that that is not what she meant. Nelson mandela said "it is our light not our darkens which most frightens us" - and I agree. We have become a society that is so afraid of being who we truely are. We fear celebrating our accomplishments and talents because we worry about the opinions of those around us. I believe 2013 is the year we say good bye and good ridance to our fears because our fears do absolutely nothing but hold us back from where we are supposed to be on our God driven journey.

Today I decided to do one thing that scares me by starting this blog. It may sound weird - I know , but in truth it does scare me. I'm scared of making myself vulnerable and that is exactly what this blog does. By starting this blog I am allowing others to critise me and my opinions. I've often heard that I'm such a shy person which shocked me probably as much as it would shock those closest to me. I was the captain of my debating team and when I got up to give my speech believe me the last thing I lack is confidence but I realised that what I do lack is the confdence to be true to myself because I fear the critism that acompanies this decision.I realised that confidence is not only being able to stand up and give a speech during class or defending your decision. Your confidence lies in the depths of your soul , it is what gives you the strength to face your fears and to celebrate your individuality.

So what are your fears ? How are you going to face them ? And our we you going to finally make 2013 different from all the other years we claimed would be too? You're going to accept yourself , Love yourself , Repect Honour and Cherish yourself and I belive your true confidence will come naturally.

2013 : the year of confidence and the year of change
x

4 comments:

  1. so inspiring zeen ! off to make a list of fears to face in 2013 :D yeah ! roxy X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much rox :) really appreciate it x

      Delete
  2. Dear Zina! So proud of you! I once read: The remarkable thing about fearing God is that, when you fear God you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God, you fear everything else. All the best with your wonderful initiative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) love your post. Probably read it about 5 times now. Truly inspired. <3
    keep posting more Zina.

    ReplyDelete