Labels

Sunday 12 May 2013

Justin Bieber - 8 May 2013


On the 7th of July 2012 (I had to Google the date) Justin Bieber announced that his Believe tour would be coming to South Africa and in all honesty I don't think anyone was prepared for what was about to hit us.

From the beginning when my younger brother wanted tickets I knew it was going to be a HUGE ordeal. I am not a “Belieber” , although I do like his music, and offered that I would take him. My mom laughed at me when I told her I would need to sleep outside Computicket the night before tickets would be released as she clearly did not know what the Belieber’s were willing to do to get their hands on tickets. Non-the-less I found myself waiting outside a Computicket at 6.30 am and third in line, convinced I was going to get tickets. But sadly I was mistaken, the lady right in front had taken so long to decide which tickets she wanted, aided by the cashier who first bought tickets on her own name AND husband’s name that by the time the lady in front of me (basically second in line) got to the front tickets were sold out. I saw the twitter, BBM and Facebook statuses of upset and angry fans followed by the occasional “I GOT TICKETS TO JUSTIN BIEBER”. I started reading tweets about people getting tickets from Big Concerts and about 2 – 3 hours later I found myself with General Standing tickets to the Justin Bieber show in Cape Town that my mom got online.

Between the months of the show I downloaded the set list so that I could start to learn the words of the songs I did not know and as the day started drawing nearer I got a special T-shirt for my brother and I to wear (Darren, my boyfriend, refused to wear one).

The 8th of May had finally arrived and with my mom finally realising what a big deal Justin is, she suggested I take the day off varsity to line up for the show. We got to the stadium at about 12 surprised at the already long line. We found a space for ourselves and stood for another few hours, come rain or shine, angry mothers and irritating teenagers singing their hearts out we stood in line getting ready for an amazing experience. We were quite close to the front of the line so when they started letting people in we ran to secure ourselves a space right against the gate that separated Golden Circle from us mere General Standingers. After shoving girls off whole afternoon, fighting for our spaces and trying to protect my baby brother from the savage crowd it was time for the show to begin. It was amazing! The lights, videos, performances, JUSTIN BIEBER !!!! 

It was definitely an experience being a Belieber for a day. Although I could do without the fainting girls and the girls next to me who cried for the entire duration of the show I must say it was a performance not to be missed and I am glad that I can put such an amazing memory in my memory box.

I posted a few photos on the facebook page so be sure to check them out x


No comments:

Post a Comment