Labels

Sunday 31 March 2013

Online shopping ♥

Firstly : Merry Easter to all those celebrating. I hope you having a blessed day with your loved ones and celebrating a Lord that died for us so that we can live eternally ♥

So I've just had my very first overseas online shopping experience. I bought a pair of boots from everything 5 pounds which is a UK company and yes , everything they sell is 5 pounds ! I didn't really like any of the clothes but I fell in love with some of their shoes especially their boots. This post is about the pair of boots I ordered.


































Price

At the time of my order £1 = R13 which was not too bad at all. Imagine only paying R65 for a gorgeous pair of boots. So I was all in for buying me enough boots to last for the next couple of years until I got to the check out.
This was my final receipt:
Sub-Total: £4.17
Royal Mail International Signed For (Delivery Weight: 1 package of 0.6 Kg's (ships normally within 3 to 5 days):  £11.59
Total: £15.76

So now instead of paying R65 for boots I was paying R205. None the less I still placed my order and finally received my boots yesterday and was very excited and impressed. I’ve worn them both yesterday and today and for boots that essentially only costs R65 I thought they are definitely worth it. They are comfortable and not flappy material that can break very quickly. I do however already have a few scratches on but that’s only because I walk weirdly.

Total price:
·         Boots : R54.08
·         Shipping: R150.67
·         Customs paid at the post office: R43.65
·         Total: R248.40

Although I’ve heard that online shopping is so much cheaper it’s the shipping that’s such a hassle. I recommend you try and find a friend in the country where your company is based who could try and find a cheaper posting method (it is usually free shipping to any place in the country itself). Or even  if you know someone who will be coming to your country from the country where you ordered it from then (hopefully) you won’t be paying shipping at all.

Time:

Although the shipping says it takes 3 – 5 days I think this is only within the country and I was very naive to believe I would get my boots in only 5 days. I ordered my package on the 17th of February and I got my letter on the 7th of March that I could collect it at the post office opposite Grand West Arena.They hold your package for 21 days or what you can do (what I did) is you can fax the post office a copy of you ID, invoice,  along with your contact details and the post office of your choice and then they send it there for free. I sent the fax about the 15th of March and by the 20th it arrived at my local post office. I was very pleased with how efficient they were and on top of things they were. I could call any time to enquire about my package and as long as I could provide a tracking number they were able to answer all of my queries.



Me and my photographer Lee
Me wearing my boots for Easter at church




































I really hope this helps and it encourages you to open your shopping horizon to stores all across the world.

Note : if you going to buy online (whether it be from a South African company or international company) use a credit card to make your purchases as it is safer than using a debit or cheque card.

If you can't find something specific online try finding international buyers such as Raze-Astro . She buys clothes in the middle east and then is able to send it to you. It's also really cool because she buys lots of things on sale from well known brands such as H&M that we don't have access to and know we even able to pay sale prices.

*I am not in any way advertising for the companies I do post about or have any contact with them, I am merely posting my opinion about a product that I bought

3 comments:

  1. I'm in love with your new boots. Will definitely check out that website. Thank you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your writing style and support you to produce something new and really indulging like this. I promise to come again to overcome my thirst for knowledge and skills.
    wholesale fashion manufacturers

    ReplyDelete